Organic Fresh Vegetables - Direct from farms to your doorstep
About Mac Agro
Enjoy a Basket of Fresh Fruit and Vegetables. Mac Agro baskets are a weekly selection of the freshest food we can locate, curetted to provide variety, save time, and support local farmers. Mac Agro only provides organic fresh vegetables and fruits.
We grow and partner with local farms and artisans to offer the season's best combination of fresh neutral vegetables and hand-crafted farm items to your home. We bring our farmer's market booth to you with each delivery, which includes news from our family farm, great recipes, short tips, and the chance to customize your box online.
We are dedicated to serving the finest, most natural cuisine we can find. We take pleasure in always developing and working towards a world free of chemicals. We pride ourselves on delivering only what is deserving of being served in your home.
We do regular lab tests and audits to guarantee that we are meeting our objectives our farmers trust us with their product, and we entrust you to make the best decision. Whether you enjoy cooking, wish you had more time to cook or despise cooking, we have a box type that will help you eat well. It's like having your own personal produce shopper, only you have the ultimate choice over what goes into each delivery.
- Become acquainted with your farmer: Before purchasing products, learn about the farmer who produces them.
- 100% Natural/Organic Ingredients: Get rid of pesticides and chemicals. Vegetables, fruits, and millets that have been grown naturally or organically.
- Reasonable Costs: Our items are less expensive than those found in traditional organic marketplaces.
- Deliveries at your doorstep: For the convenience of our customers, we offer Saturday and Sunday door-to-door delivery.
THE PRODUCTS WE PRODUCE AND DELIVER
We have a large selection of farm products to choose from, ranging from vegetables to livestock products! All of our products are chemical-free and healthy. Also, as an ‘Extra Delight' package, we provide the vegetables that you need but are difficult to cultivate naturally in our community farms to delight your taste buds and promote Healthy Conscious Living.
- Organic Agriculture: An integrated agricultural method that aims for long-term sustainability, soil fertility improvement, and biological variety.
- Organic Certification: APEDA manages the Indian National Program for Organic Production.
- Ownership by the Community: Macagro Farmers Collective is a cooperative of many fruit and vegetable, where the soil and water are ideal.
- Maintaining a Responsible Supply Chain: We make certain that your fruits and veggies arrive as soon as possible.
Mac Agro Method
- Farmers' Enrollment: We enroll farmers who practice Organic, ZBNF, or Natural Farming after visiting their farms and questioning their practices to ensure their authenticity.
- Customer Orders Booking: We display the products we have available, as well as the farmer's contact information, on our website and app, and take orders from clients.
- Procurement and packaging: Every Tuesday and Friday, we purchase products from the farmers based on consumer orders. We pack the items in the correct sequence and prepare them for delivery.
- Shipping: To make things easier for our consumers, we deliver their orders to their doorstep. Surat, Bardoli, Vyara are our main distribution areas.
Let's have a look at the advantages of eating organic vegetables.
Your mental and emotional health, as well as the environment, are all affected by how your food is grown or raised. People with sensitivities to foods, chemicals, or preservatives may discover that their symptoms reduce or disappear when they eat solely organic foods.
Pesticides are less prevalent in organic vegetables. In conventional agriculture, chemicals such as synthetic fungicides, herbicides, and insecticides are frequently utilized, and residues linger on (and in) the food we eat. Organic food is frequently fresher since it lacks preservatives that extend its shelf life. Organic produce is sometimes (but not always) grown on smaller farms closer to where it is sold (so keep an eye on where it comes from).
Organic farming is generally more environmentally friendly. Organic agricultural approaches have the potential to minimize pollution, conserve water, reduce soil erosion, boost soil fertility, and use less energy. Farming without synthetic pesticides is also better for birds and animals in the area, as well as humans who live near farms.
Antibiotics, growth hormones, and animal by-products are not used on organically bred animals. The use of antibiotics can develop antibiotic-resistant bacteria strains, and feeding cattle animal byproducts raises the risk of mad cow disease (BSE). Animals reared organically have more room to move about and have access to the outdoors, which helps them stay healthy.
Certain nutrients may be more abundant in organic meat and milk. According to the findings of a 2016 European study, organic meat and milk had up to 50% higher amounts of some nutrients, such as omega-3 fatty acids, than conventionally farmed meat and milk.
GMOs are not present in organic food. GMOs, also known as genetically engineered (GE) foods, are plants whose DNA has been altered in ways that are not possible in nature or through traditional crossbreeding, most typically to make them pesticide-resistant or to create an insecticide.
Organic food vs. food grown locally
There is no formal definition for "local food," unlike organic standards. It could be grown in your neighborhood, in your state, in your area, or even in your country. During the majority of the year, you can usually find food grown near to home at venues like a farmer's market.
Organic food vs. locally-grown food
Financially, the money stays in the community. Instead of going to marketing and distribution, more money goes directly to the farmer.
Transportation: In the United States, for example, a meal travels over 1,500 miles from the farm to the dinner plate. Produce must be gathered while still unripe and then gassed after shipment to “ripen” it. Alternatively, the food is heavily treated in factories, where preservatives, irradiation, and other methods are used to maintain it stable for transportation.
Freshness: Because local food is harvested when it is ripe, it is fresher and more flavorful. Some small farmers in the area use organic practices, although they may not be able to pay to be certified organic.
We are a team to provide 100% fresh fruits and vegetables. We really are concerned about people’s health. For more details check out https://www.macagro.com.